Ask a Nurse Forum

painful neck and wrist lumps

Recently I've developed pain in my wrist and neck. The wrist pain has a lump in the area of my radial artery on my right side. My neck is stiff and also has a painful lump in the area of my external jugular vein. I don't know if they have anything to do with eachother, are serious, or whether I am just being paranoid. Can you help?
HI and thanks for using the forum.

I really cannot say whether these two symptoms are related, but I think it is worth making a doctors appointment for a physical to make sure that everything is OK .  I don't think that you are being paranoid, but I am not sure if these symptoms are related.   I suggest that you get checked out to be on the safe side.  Good luck.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.