Ask a Nurse Forum

strange ball of hair inside my arm?

I found a spot on my arm the other day, but just thought nothing of it, but it got bigger and when I popped it today, there was a lump of what lookid like small blonde hairs inside of it. I'm very confused as to what it was and how it got there. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It sounds like you had a clogged hair follicle.  Sometimes the follicle can become blocked and the hair (the fine hair on your arms) continues to grow under the skin.  It can ball up and eventually form something like a pimple on your arm.  I don't think that this is anything to worry about.  Take care,

Bridget
I'm not blonde by the way I have brown hair.
Thank you for helping. Sorry about posting after you, for some reason it wasn't showing me that you'd posted so it looks like I'm just brushing you off but I'm not haha. I was just a little confused as to how they'd got in but you've cleared up the mystery. Thank you!
No worries!

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.