Ask a Nurse Forum

sudden instant lump formed under chin

Hi. a couple of concerns i have. Everything was fine at work, then all of the sudden under my tongue at the floor of mouth started hurting i think a gland or something, then it started hurting in the back right under the tongue to the side. I got to look in mirror and didn't see anything. Then a instant sudden lump started forming under my chin on my neck throat area. It felt like a tumor but would think tumor just doesn't pop up like that. The lump went down about 15 min after it formed. It hurt under my back tongue to open my mouth but that went down as well. What could this be.? Extremely weird that the lump formed then went away. What you think the sudden lump that formed is? Not cancer i hope. Is it something serious you think?

any anwers would be appreciated

Hi, I answered your question on your previous thread.  Good luck.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.