Ask a Nurse Forum

unexplained streaks or stripes on skin

My 13 yr old daughter has red streaks on the middle of her back.  They are not whelps or scratches, although at first glance, that's what I thought they were.  She says no one has touched her and she didn't even know she had them.  Has anyone ever heard of this or had the same thing?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Unfortunately, it is hard to say what those streaks are since I can't see them.  You are obviously concerned about them, so I suggest that you take her to her pediatrician and see what he/she thinks.  There could be a number of possible causes and I would have the doctor look at it to put your mind at ease.  Good luck.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.