Ask a Nurse Forum

was pregnant and got Depo (shot)

I just found out I'm pregnant and about 3 months along and 3 months ago I got the Depo shot while I was pregnant will this affect my baby in any Way ????
Thanks for using the forum.

I would recommend that you speak to you doctor about your concern. It is always best to make your doctor aware of all medications that you have been using during and just prior to pregnancy.  To the best of my knowledge there is no link between  the Depo-Provera shot and birth defects.

I hope this helps.

Cathy
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.