Ask a Pharmacist Forum

Anxiety

Hi, just new to this. Well just a short message to see if i have anxiety.. My mum struggles from it so i think i may have it. I over think everyday, i think about things week before happening. I have bad feeling all the time and cant help it. Im so self conscious which doesn't help one bit. Help please, I'm feeling like this every minute of the day and getting fed up! I cant speak to anyone... Please get back
There are many different presentations and types of anxiety, and it is not possible to diagnosis an anxiety disorder via the internet. I will provide some of the general criteria related to diagnosing an anxiety disorder, however, I recommend you consult with your family doctor if you suspect any troublesome mental health concerns. Your doctor will be able to better incorporate your past medical history with your current medical status to determine an appropriate diagnosis.

Anxiety is a natural human response, but in some instances prolonged or severe anxiety can make daily activities difficult. Some common elements used for diagnosing generalized anxiety disorder are;
excessive anxiety about a number of events or activities, occurring more days than not, for at least 6 months;
finding it difficult to control the worry;
anxiety and worry are associated with at least three of the following six symptoms (with at least some symptoms present for more days than not, for the past six months): restlessness or feeling on edge, being easily fatigued (tired), difficulty concentrating, irritability, muscle tension, sleep disturbance.

These are only some of the diagnostic criteria used for diagnosing anxiety. I would not recommend you use the symptoms above to self-diagnose yourself, but rather to discuss your current symptoms with your doctor for a full work-up and examination if you feel it is necessary.

In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.