Ask a Pharmacist Forum

Is all this medication okay togeather?

I recently have been put on Adderall and Synthroid after being on the Zoloft and Wellbutrin for years because my depression is worsening and I tested positive for ADD.  I worry though because I know I"m on such a high dose of both Zoloft and Wellbutrin already, granted I need the high dose.  I am scared becuase I really do have a crappy phychiatrist, he dosen't care at all and is employed with the states public mental health institution so he is not in the treating buisness he is in the numbers buisness, if you get what I am saying.  The Synthroid is also for Depression not a Thyroid condition, which was not even checked by the way by this doctor.  My regular MD did check it and it is normal.  But my shrink did not ask at all so I hope Im not going to have to much thyroid, Ps. My shrink does not like to be questioned and I can't afford another one.
Adderall does interact with both the Wellbutrin and Zoloft. There's an increased risk for seizures with Wellbutrin. Taking Adderall with Zoloft may increase the amount of Zoloft in your system and could lead to serotonin syndrome - characterized by agitation, restlessness, aggressive behavior, insomnia, poor concentration, headache, paresthesia, incoordination, worsening of obsessive thoughts or compulsive behaviors, nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, palpitations, or chills

Though not approved for use in depression, Synthroid has been prescribed to treat depression when a person is resistant to other antidepressants.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.