Ask a Pharmacist Forum

Remeron & Cymbalta

I have been taking the remeron for a couple of months and love it, but the doctor has added Cymbalta to the mix for nerve pain. I have only been taking it for 3 days but my anxiety has it the roof and it has not touched my pain. I realize it takes a while for it to get in your system but I am not sure I can handle the anxiety. Are these 2 drugs safe to take together? I worry about seratonin syndrome.
Cymbalta and Remeron are often prescribed together. I am assuming that the same prescriber wrote for both( based on your statement of "doctor has added Cymbalta to the mix". The manufacturer does state that steady-state dosing does occur in about 3 days. So my suggestion to you would be to contact your prescriber. This is the not the combination of drugs for your system.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com
So should I have been getting some relief from the pain by 3 days of taking the cymbalta? And yes, the same doctor is prescribing both medications. I would consider continueing the cymbalta if it helped with the pain but it doesn't seem to be doing anything but cause me more anxiety. I guess the doctor was thinking the remeron would cancel out any anxiety brought on by the cymbalta.

Thank you

Suziee
It may take between 1 to 4 weeks before the full benefit of Cymbalta takes effect. I suggest your inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.

Best of luck to you.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com

In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.