Ask a Pharmacist Forum

Zyprexa, Cymbalta withdrawal

I took zyprexa 10 mg and cymbalta 60 mg (went up to 90 two weeks before discontinuing) for just over for months.  I discontinued both cold turkey 4 and a half months ago.  I hava since been suffering from insomnia/non-restorative sleep.  I am desperate - the lack of sleep is driving me crazy, not to mention the agitation/irritability and how it is causing my anxiety/OCD to go out of control.  I know now that these were powerful meds and that it was a bad idea to stop them abruptly but what's done is done and I'm desperate for a solution.  I've tried alternative medicine (orthomolecular medicine, acupuncture) and well as other drugs sporadically (like clonazepam, but it's a benzo, so I avoid it when i can - 2 mg 2-3 times a week only).  Everyone says zyprexa and cymbalta is long out of my system but there is obviously something still very wrong with me.  I actually tried going on zyprexa for several days but that didn't help.  Is tha the way to go?  Go back on those same meds and discontinue them slowly or do I need other help/meds?
The medications are eliminated from your system after 4-10 days, so I would not go back on them just to taper off again. Discuss with your doctor what you're experiencing and what options are available.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.