Ask a Pharmacist Forum

off label uses of drugs

I have found another use for a prescribed topical patch that is legal and safe, and was wondering if its possible to market it.
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates which medications are deemed as safe and effective, and if/ how those medications can be used and marketed for off-label use. I would recommend you review the FDA's regulations as pertains to marketing a medication for an off label use. The regulations can be found at www.FDA.gov. A link to specific regulatory guidance information can be found here: http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm126486.htm
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.