Ask a Pharmacist Forum

white patch in throat [ and little itching also there ]

for last 3 days am having itching in my throat , and i can see a white patch in my throat...

what will be the reasons for this..?
am a smoker for last 6 years in average of 5 cigarets per day and thrice in a week , i will drink alchohol.
is this anything related to smoking...?

thanks in advance
Smoking and alcohol use can cause white patches in your mouth. Also, white patches could be due to an infection or thrush.  Please see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.