Asperger's Syndrome Community
909 Members

meds

i posted this question on the doc forum, no answer
can anyone help?

i am a memeber of a social group for kids with aspergers, a few months ago a few of the mothers were talking about their children taking clonidine
the moms noticed favorable results, i am familiar with this drug, i did not know that developmental pediatric doctors, are now putting aspie kids on clonidine,
how do you feel about this?
xo
First I'd like to find out the side effects and potential health risks. Is it one that can lead to TD?  I did a wikipedia entry and didn't see that listed, but I saw fatigue and potential effects on blood pressure be a potential bother.

If it doesn't have adverse reactions, it may be useful. I'm a bit concerned on the blood pressure part. For me, I have normal to low blood pressure, so dropping it lower probably isn't a good thing.  For someone who has high blood pressure, then this med may be more okay to use.  

I think when considering meds, make sure to reearch, find out the side effects and weigh out the pros and cons.
My son was on Tenex for awhile - it does the same thing.  It helps control the impulsiveness - does noting for attentiveness.  It is sometimes used for ADHD.  We thought it was helpful.  Since it isn't psychotropic we didn't see any strange behaviors.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?