Allergy causing Myoclonus?

I was diagnosed with myoclonus 3 years ago, just a few months after I started dated my now husband. I have been on every medication for this under the moon, with some relief, but not any that get rid of it all together. I mainly have my condition at night. So I woke up this morning with a thought. My husband is away on a fishing trip, and I have not had any myoclonus since he left. Then I started thinking about days he was gone on business trips. I did not have myoclonus on those nights either. So I woke up thinking.my husband wears the same hair gel everyday, and I run my fingers through his hair every night before he goes to bed. Could I be having a allergic reaction to his gel? Can an Allergy cause Myoclonus? I have violent jerks all night long for hours at a time most nights going on 3 years now, and I am out of answers, and the doctors have no more tests to run.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
There are a number of causes of myoclonis and a number of non-myoclonic conditions that can mimic the disease, including the restless leg syndrome.  

The following is an excerpt from a leading Textbook of Internal Medicine.  I could find no evidence in the medical literature (but that does not mean that it has not been reported) of allergy as a cause of this condition.  Yet the seeming relationship of your muscle condition to the presence of your husband definitely does suggest some (non-allergic) cause and effect relationship.  You might want to either ask that he stop using the gel or, for a trial period, avoid running your hands through his hair.  If that doesn’t work, then the best advice I can provide is that you and/or your present doctor contact the nearest Academic Medical Center to arrange for consultation with a Neurology specialist, ideally with a physician with expertise in muscular or neuromuscular diseases.

Good luck