Asthma and Allergy Forum

Allergy concern! Rash on lips!

Less than a year ago my lips broke out in weird pimples/bumps. I had just started using chapstick (I usually use blistex), so I figured that might have been the cause of the reaction. It went away in about two weeks.

About a month and a half ago, I had put vaseline on my lips because they were really chapped. My lips broke out again in the weird pimples. I had also used a lipstick, so I figured it was a reaction to the lipstick because i thought vaseline was harmelss. They went away shortly.

A month ago I used vaseline again (thinking it was safe), and I got the pimples again! Sometimes they're pimples and sometimes they're dark red blotches. I decided to not put anything at all on them, and let them heal. Except they still haven't gone away! My lips were so chapped that I put blistex medicated ointment on it last night (which i have used before and assumed to be okay), and when i woke up this morning there are red blothces all over my lips!! I also want to mention that I drank a big thing of propel fitness water last night, and i saw online that sometimes people get reactions to splenda (sucralose). Could it have been a reaction to the splenda in it? i'm so confused! i'm going to try to make an appt with a doctor in a few days. all the dermatologists aren't taking patients. HELP!!
These lesions, limited to your lips, strongly suggest a contact dermatitis.  And, yes, petrolatum, the major ingredient in Vaseline
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.