Asthma and Allergy Forum

Swollen/ chapped lips

A couple of weeks ago, I got an allergy to something we've yet to identify, causing severe dermatitis all over my body. The most predominant of which caused my lips to swell, and chap. It's been about a month now, and though it's not swollen, my lips get enflamed ever so often, and pink, then when the swelling recedes, it seems as though the skin on the lip is peeling off. And the chapped lips (I don't know how else to describe it) caused my lips to bleed a bit. We have a suspicion that the allergy is something to pack-cake... Like Betty Crocker...
I went to a doctor, and he prescribed an antihistamine and a steroid. The anti-histamine is finished (substitued by Allegra) and the steroid is done as of today. The steroid helped a bit, but since I wanted to stretch the dosage, being out of the country, and not wanting anything to happen while I was there, didn't do much, as I took half the dosage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this is? And why has it not gone away yet??? Thank you in advance.
I bought this Chapstick product. It's a fever blister/ cold sore treatment, and I've been using it for a day now. The steroids didn't really do much. The chapstick has made my lips for the most part better, thankfully... There are just two cuts (sores?) at the corners of my mouth now to get rid of and the small bit of peeling of the skin around it. If it's swollen, I can't see it.
But do you think this was a one time thing? Or will it happen again?
A related discussion, swollen, chapped lips was started.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.