Weird feeling in throat

Over the years i have on and off experienced my throat feeling like its closing or something is stuck and i tend to need to cough. This happens maybe on and off for a few days then its done till the next time. Is there anything I can do at home to stop this?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
“Over the years” is the key phrase in your post.  That suggests that what you have experienced, while recurrent, is not getting worse.  This would not be characterized as a chronic cough.  The cause could vary from post-nasal drip to acid reflux or even a vocal cord problem.  Without knowing the cause it is not possible to make a recommendation of how to stop it.  

I suspect this is more a nuisance condition, rather than a serious problem if this sensation begins to occur more frequently or if the episodes begin to last longer, you would do well to arrange for a consultation at the nearest Cough Clinic.  Most all University Hospital Systems have cough clinics.

Good luck