Asthma and Allergy Forum

allergy

his is a question regarding  allerrgy test  my mother three months back had done her allergy test thats EIA  her ige levels were 436 KUL this was in january

now she had to go for allergy test thats just ige which is ige serum her ige is 1800

my question to you is what does kul stand for as docs have told s  per kul =100 thats last time it was 436"100m  i mean its  43600

is 436 kul better or ige 1800 better

please suggest
There is no better or worse as both values are abnormal.  One would need to know if the values given were for total serum IgE or antigen-specific IgE such as for a single food in both instances..

In addition you would need to know the normal value range for each of these.  Otherwise you would have a comparison between “apples and oranges.”  Your best bet would be pose this question to her PCP or allergist.  Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Good luck
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.