Asthma and Allergy Forum

continue allergy shots during pregnancy

I have been getting an allergy therapy by getting shots of allergens for about two years. Now when I am pregnancy I don't know if I should continue getting once a month shots. I read that they are not harmful to the baby. Are they? And how about the advice all dics give to avoid any triggers and allergens and for that they actually input allergens into you and still say it's ok. Confused....
Here is some information that may be useful
Immunotherapy is  not initiated during pregnancy.

If pregnancy occurs during the “build-up” phase and the patient is receiving a dose unlikely to be therapeutic, discontinuation of immunotherapy should be considered. Alternatively IT may be maintained without increasing the dose.
Allergen immunotherapy maintenance doses can be continued at the same dose during pregnancy.
All best, h
http://www.aaaai.org/ask-the-expert/immunotherapy-and-pregnancy.aspx
Good luck
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.