Asthma Community

Allergy-induced asthma

I had a mild respiratory infection for about a month ago. I did two rounds of antibiotics and my mild low grade fever went away. I felt better. However, I am still coughing. My doctor called in extra Dulera (corticosteroid) to take twice daily versus once daily before. I have been coughing daily though. I am out of shape and have been trying to do extra walking each day but any more than that and I cough a lot more. Anyone have allergic and exercise induced asthma with cough? I usually have this cough for 3 to 6 months out of the year. Everyone thinks I'm sick at work all the time, I would really love to get rid of this thing!! Anyone else have this too?
Constant coughing is a symptom of uncontrolled asthma.  I would talk to your doctor - you may still need to up your dose of inhaled steroids or add another drug to your protocol during allergy season.

You could try buying a peak flow ,enter and keeping track of your peak flows.  They would tell you how well your lungs are working.  Would also let you know at the beginning of allergy season when you need to up your medicine.

Good luck!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.