Asthma Community

Asthma and supraventricular tachycardia

I recently had an operation to try and get rid of my svt, I've been diagnosed with svt since September but I had constantly told my doctors that I felt my heart racing when I took my reliever inhaler which they said was normal, since I was officially diagnosed with svt by my cardiologist I haven't been taking the salamol reliever inhaler and I was just wondering is there any other reliever inhaler I could take? Please and thank you for your help!
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

Besides salbutamol, terbutaline is a reliever inhaler. Terbutaline often goes by the brand name Bricanyl. There are relievers which work for up to 12 hours after taking each dose. They include salmeterol (brand name Serevent) and formoterol (brand name Atimos). Please discuss these options with your doctor, he can guide you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.