Asthma Community

Changed response to TB test

Hi - I have asthma for which I take Flovent 110 twice a day, with more if I am having symptoms. I understand the steroid effect can complicate the reading of the PPD test? I am 60 yr. old and have never had a positive PPD - in fact, it is usually impossible to even see where it was put when time to read it. I had a PPD test planted nine days ago. It was read as (and certainly looked) negative, 72 hours later. However, about a week after the test, I began to see red dots where the points went into the skin, which never happened before. Each of the days since then (about three) the spots have grown more visible. Now they are merged and you can feel that they are very slightly raised. No blistering.
What's up with that? I work in a diverse, low-income community but am unaware of being exposed to an active TB case. Last thing: I am allergic to rabbits, do they use anything similar to rabbit serum to make the test?
What should I do now ... ?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.