Asthma Community

Could this be asthma related...?

About 6 months ago I had a few nights where I stopped breathing as I fell asleep. My body jerked itself awake. I do have both asthma and anxiety so I figured it could have something to do with that but it went away. Recently, however, I've been having more difficulty breathing. Sometimes when I'm breathing and I exhale my body won't let me inhale for a split second. It's like my chest won't move to let me inhale or somethings blocking my airways but it only lasts for a second, if that. My family's also noticed that I've been breathing harder and when I try not to breathe so hard it feels like I'm barely getting air. It kind of feels like I'm breathing through a really small hole but I don't really feel anything tightening and my asthma has been triggered more easily than usual lately and I keep coughing a lot. Sometimes it does feel like theres mucus/phlegm in my throat but nothing coughs up. Using my inhaler does help sometimes but its a very temporary solution.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be appreciated. Thank you!
I would talk to your doctor ... your asthma could be increasing or it could be related to your anxiety.  The jerk respond is not due to you stop breathing - just a muscle and brain response - I get that almost everytime I fall asleep.  

other than that, keep track of your peak flow and watch for any downward trends.  

hope that helps!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.