Asthma Community

irritating cough

I was diagnosed with laryingitus 8 days ago. The doctor gave me a course of antibiotics which have not helped at all. After another trip to the doctors he gave me some painkillers and told me to rest. That was 3 days ago since then i have developed this dry cough which makes me sound like a seal! The cough is constant and when i breathe in i can feel rattling in my chest, no matter how many times i take my inhalers nothing seems to help. Please could someone help me as its driving me mad!!!
just hang in there.  i would suggest going back to the doctor to take more tests though.  i think it could either be a tough bacteria or a viral throat infection.  what kind of antibiotic did the doctor give you the first time?  or you could just wait it out, because i'm sure it will eventually go away.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.