Asthma Forum

nose bleeding

I have Asthma and Allergy's and have been unwell with cold, I have been coughting so much my nose is bleeding quit heavy. After this i get a pounding headache. Has anyone else sufferd with this?. If so how did u sort it?.
Carol x
Hard coughing can raise the pressure and sometimes reduce the blood flow in one’s blood vessels and that could account for both your nose bleeds and your headache.  However, nose bleeds usually occur only when there is one or more exposed, fragile blood vessels in the nose, perhaps related to your cold, and, when the bleeding does not cease spontaneously, cauterization may be required to stop it.  You do need to have your blood pressure taken and your nose examined.
Asthma Forum
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.