Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
95 Members
I am a 28 year female with a 2cm ASD and the cardiologists are suggesting open heart surgery. They ruled me out for robotic surgery. Any other options that are safe?
My son is in his 40s and he had asd as a child. The doctor told me it would grow together as he grew up, so don't worry all babies are born with the hole in their heart,but as they grow it closes.
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
95 Members
94 Questions
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.