Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
92 Members

Aorta erosion due to amplatzer device

Is there anybody who had ASD closure with amplatzer device and had issues afterwards?
I have 26mm amplatzer device implanted 8 yrs ago (in 2007) when i was 24 and now doctors are telling me that the device is eroding my aorta and open heart surgery is needed to take the device out.
I operate on woman with amplatzer aortic perforation ten days ago Onset of symptoms was sudden,.She was in cardiac tamponade.Tomorrow she will be discharged from hospital
Take it out as soon as possible.
Prf Kovacevic ,cardiovascular surgeon,Novi Sad,Serbia
Pfr Kovacevic, thanks for the reply, do you mind sharing your email address?
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
92 Members
91 Questions
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.