Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
93 Members

My newborn has a moderate VSD?

I our little one was born at 35 weeks 6 days and weighed in at 4LBS 4OZ.

She is currently still in the NICU due to her not eating well enough, she recently had a feeding tube removed then put back in because she is not eating well enough due to a moderate sized VSD we just learned about.

We are due to see a cardiologist this week, but my wife and I are just lost for words and only can fear the worst.

Can anyone else offer many any advice on what to expect with this VSD diagnosis moving forward? Our Dr. did say that these can close on their own on occasion, but considering it's a moderate size she may need surgery.

Just looking for some positive vibes if you have been through this and if you can explain to me on what to expect?

Thank you in advance
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
93 Members
92 Questions
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.