Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

financial help for parent of young adult with aspergers

My son is 23; he stays home. I have working and can not make ends meet. He doesn't drive at this time. He needs more attention.  Would like to see him Learn more life skills. Learn to drive, get back in school. I wish I had mire time with him to prepair him for life. Is there any type of financial assistance so I can stay home with him for a couple of years to assist him?
1 Responses
340676 tn?1383321884
I'm assuming from your post that your son has a diagnosis of autism or a related disorder.  While services can be leaner for adults, many areas have programs for individuals like your son.  Get online, grab your phone, and start making contact with your state's department that serves individuals with disabilities.  People there will be able to direct you to where you can find services that would be helpful for your son.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?