Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Community

5 year old daughter put on Zoloft HELP

I have a beautiful, perfect, amazing five year old girl with Autism. My daughter has severe anxiety and very severe OCD. On 3/28 after much much thought we agreed to start her on 5mg of Zoloft. It seemed the first month that she was doing well. The medication seemed to make her very hyper, but there was improvement in the OCD behavior. After about six weeks my daughter just seemed gone. She stopped talking which she had just started to do. When she would talk she would say everything foward and backwards. She could not sit still for a second. She just became lost in her own world again. We took her to the doctor on Tuesday and were told we need to double her dose. We did this on Wednesday and my baby was wild. So so so so hyper. We called on Thursday and said we want her off. We have been lowering her dose since then. I am so worried about her having withdrawl. Also, I am so unsure if I am doing the right thing. My mommy gut is yelling that this is not the right medication for her, but I am afraid for her to go back to the OCD nightmare she was living. This child is my heart and soul. Does anyone know anything about this medication and Autism.
I am not a doctor so I cannot tell you what is the right thing to do regarding the medication; but I am a mother of an autistic child and I will explain my approach towards these behaviors. I will not put my daughter on any medications, besides melatonin, to treat autism. I think most doctors do not recommend anti-depressants for young children. I do give my daughter fish oil supplements and I add coconut oil to everything. I was told by someone that works in a group home that these things can help people with autism stay calm. Is your daughter seeing a therapist? Occupational therapy would really help with the hyper behavior.