Aa
A
A
Close
4 1/2 year old refusing to potty train
I have a 4 1/2 year old son that is somewhat potty trained. He knows how to poop and pee in the potty but doesn't do it consistently. He is in a daycare and they are telling me that he will get kicked out of the daycare if he keeps peeing and pooping in his pants. Last week he really excelled at "being a big boy" but this week he wants to be a baby. I don't know what to do. He is also not behaving at daycare. He goes up to any kid and will just hit them for no reason. I have tried to get him professional help but no one will take him until mid summer or I don't qualify for the program. Any ideas what I can so to get him on track? I'm afraid he'll get kicked out of daycare and I'll lose my job. Please, I'm losing my mind and don't know what to do.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
Hm, this is frustrating.  My sons were both late potty trainers with my younger son going to age 4.  Grrr.  We went to the doctor and she was like-- come on kid, you can do it.  And I got home and said "would you PLEASE just get potty trained?"  and he looked at me and said ---  okay.  And then just was.  If your child wants to be a baby---  tell him he still can be but find a different way to show it.  :>)  Give him ideas.  good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Autism Community Resources
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA