Autoimmune Disorders Community

internal hand tremors by night

Dears,
I started to have trembling thumb and forefinger, then this changed to be an internal hand tremor only by night while I woke up or try to sleep again, since Feb.2012.
One neurologist diagnosed this as Parkinson and put me on Sifrol 0.18 three times daily. There was no response after 3 months, then I withdrew from the medicine. I believe if antiparkinson medication did not work then it is not Parkinson.
Now I still have the tremors, but no medication.
Please consider my case and advise.
Regards
abuwasna
Hi abuwasna!

Parkinson’s disease is one cause for involuntary movements of the body both localized and generalized.  can be due to stress and anxiety, too much consumption of caffeine or alcohol, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), autoimmune disease like multiple sclerosis, thyroid disorders, nerve compression, and liver disease. Cut down on smoking, alcohol and coffee, if you take them in more quantity. Eat on time. Do deep breathing exercises. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!