Autoimmune Disorders Community

Anhidrosis

Can Sjogrens cause anhidrois? I also have Systemic Lupus.
I cannot perspire at all and so my body can't cool itself.
I feel like I need to "sweat out" toxins and cool off each time I have a lupus flare.
Could this inability to perspire be from Sjogrens?
Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks!
Hi!
Yes, Sjogren’s syndrome can cause anhidrosis. However, anhidrosis can also be due to nerve damage secondary to diabetes, lupus, alcoholism, Ross syndrome and Horner’s syndrome. Dehydration is also a common cause so drink plenty of fluids and see. It can also be the side effect of any medication you are taking.
There is no exact treatment for it. When you have a lupus flare, move to an air conditioned place. Drink fresh fruit juice, cool water, and lemonade. Avoid coffee and tea as these also act as diuretics and cause water loss through urine formation.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!
Thank you so much for answering my question.
I am literally "cooking" inside my own body with no relief.
I will heed your recommendations and drink more water and try the lemonade.
Thanks so much!