Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.12k Members

Bloodwork Results ANA and WBC

Hi.  I recently had bloodwork done in March due to unexplained swollen/painful ankles two months in a row.  My bloodwork came back normal except for my ANA, it came back positive.  I followed up with my dr. and she ran another series of bloodwork and that ANA came back borderline postivie and she said she didn't seem to think it was something to be concerned about, but if I felt comfortable to see the attention of a rheumatologist.  I finally got an appointment with the rheumatologist to ease my mind 4 months later and he ran another serious of bloodwork.  This bloodwork also came back ANA borderline postivie but it also included a low white blood cell count and a low neutrophils (absolute) count.  He said he can't "diagnose" with me anything specific since I don't have that many symptoms right now, but I should continue to monitor my ANA and symptoms.  It's very frustrating knowing my own body and how I'm not fully feeling 100% and 3 times my bloowdwork has not showed a change...for the better.  I'm desperate for some guidance.  Thank you in advance.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.