Autoimmune Disorders Community

Consistent positive ANA results, MCAD, Mastocystosis, etc.

My ANA has ALWAYS been positive. The usual ratio is 1:1280. I recently was tested at the Mayo Clinic, and, once again, it is elevated. It says "ANA (Units) 1.1" as the result.

I have always suspected a connective tissue disorder, but I was also wondering if MCAD (Mast Cell Activation Disorder) / mastocytosis / dermographism would also produce a positive ANA result. I know the three are not exactly the same, but they all deal with mast cells producing too much histamine. I am assuming that the answer to my question would be yes because it seems as if the body is "fighting against itself" in a sense.

Thoughts?