Autoimmune Disorders Community

Extreme sensitivity

My daughter has developed some problems which appear to be worsening as she gets older. She is now 17. I was diagnosed and treated for Grave's so I don't know if she is predisposed to an autoimmune problem. She says she gets great discomfort under her skin and near her joints - almost like the feeling when a dentist puts cotton wool in your mouth - but it gets so irritating she wants to tear her skin off. Only by scratching severely can she control the feeling. She also suffers from extremely sensitive glands in her neck and jaw line. She has been on the pill for 5 years to aid with acne. She has undergone al sorts of blood tests include thyroid profile, liver function etc and nothing shows up. What could be causing this condition?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your daughter’s medical problems. The symptoms could be secondary to thyroid problems, very dry skin, hormonal imbalance, lupus, anxiety and stress.
Increase fruits, green veggies and water in her diet. Let her apply a good moisturizer all over her body. If the symptoms persist, she should get tested for the above mentioned conditions. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.