Autoimmune Disorders Community

Fibromyalgia

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome almost 11 years ago.  As time has passed and I have done my own research ( as if I am a medical person ) I feel like my symptoms are more in the arena of Fibromyalgia.  My body hurts constantly and I am losing concentration and seem to be in a "fog" at times.  My menstral cycle has stopped, it has been over 1 year since I have had a cycle.  I am 44 years old!  I am becoming more and more anxious and I am starting to feel depressed.  I am an extremely happy person what is happening?  Isn't this an auto-immune disease?  I have cut back my work days to 2 per week from 5.  I cannot stand it more than that!  I hurt so badly.  I feel almost crazy!  I have to take care of my children and I need to work.  What can I do?  I have an appointment next week with my physician to discuss these issues.  In the meantime, what can I do to improve my life so I can work 5 days a week without making myself sick?  My quality of life is diminishing.  I am tired ALL the time.  Disability is not an option because I cannot stop working due to my kids.  HELP.
My sister thinks she has Fibromyalgia now.  Have you been to a nutritionist yet, and have you had an Organic Acids test, IgG antibody test, or Gastrointestinal profile test? My nutritionist works with fibromyalgia patients. Have you tried digestive enzymes, especially protease enzymes?
There's much that you can do to relieve the pain from this condition. I'm not very knowledgeable about the particulars, but if you find a nutritionist to do these tests for you, you may find out what's causing your condition.
A good digestive enzyme complex is an inexpensive place to start.
Also, acidophilus and bifidus, the "good" bacterias.

Hope this helps.

Enzy