Autoimmune Disorders Community

HLA-B27 and Ischemic Colitis

I have recently tested positive for the HLA-B27gene.  My father had Ankylosing Spondylitis.  Prior to discovering this, I had three episodes with Ischemic Colitis with no known cause.  I am very interested to find out if there is any connection between the two.
Docs say I have ulcerative colitis but I don't have diarreah. Just had several bleeding ulcers in the decending colon. Doc thinks it's ischemic colitis but he's not sure. This happened at the same time my RA Factor came back positive and I may have rheumatoid arthritis. Just took a whole body bone scan. Every joint has arthritis and I have it in my back. Never been tested for HLA-B27 gene.

Can you please tell me how they knew your colitis was ischemic? How did they determine that? I know that UC patients have a lot of issues with their bones. Did you take a bone density test? I did and it came out osteoporosis. Common.

Lori
Sister has the ulcerative colitis, and ankylosing spondylitis. I have HLAB27 but other stuff going on with muscles sore, rash, fever, swelling of them various places. Bone aches No Sjrogens, no lupus, no lyme. no bone loss