Autoimmune Disorders Community

Newly diagnosed with igg4

Just finished a 7 month prednisone treatment.  My inflammation is gone.  Had a misdiagnosis and thankful they did a liver and kidney biopsy.  My last MRI showed all clear...and will have another in 3 months.  I am learning that this auto immune illness is not too well known..Just looking for more info I guess.  Thanks
Hi Karen.
I'm glad your treatment worked!
Unfortunately there's not much research on the IGg4 RD so the medical data is very limited.
There have been no large studies regarding IgG4 treatment.
Most of the data regarding any IgG4 studies, seems to be coming from Japan, with glucocorticoid treatment being the common treatment option.
Best wishes,
Niko