Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.1k Members

Please Help regarding ANA results; also posted under Dental as well

I started having verdigo-type symptoms and went to see not my reg doctor, but another in his same office who checked all my vitals and ordered bloodwork after he didnt see anything obviously wrong. I had 2 blood tests checking for whatever by a hemotologist; the scores were normal except my wbc was at first 11.2 (I'm not sre of other factors at this point; but doctor concerned, so ordered another test 1 week later. this time wbc up to 11.8. Because I had an unexplained seizure last year and the fact that my dad and great-grandfather both died of brain aneurysms, I had MRI's 2x.; 1st time after seizure then again after this 2nd blood test w/seemingly positive results); I had a 3rd blood test last week to check for RA (I have arthritis in my right knee) & have now had nurse fax me results before going back again to see hematologist again. now shows wbc at 14.8, but i also noticed my NE# 7.7 as well as LY#5.9 (both high). all others appear normal. In the cmmts section states nucleolar pattern detected w/ANA Titer 1:160 q/ANA screen showing positive. I am pretty sure that I have an abscessed tooth as have gum disease and u/a 2 afford proper dental care. could any of this be from an untreated infection?
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Yes, untreated infection can raise the WBC count. The ANA titer can raise without any cause. However, it can also signify an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc. Autoimmune diseases can also raise the WBC count along with infection.  
You need further tests for a confirmed diagnosis. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.