Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question about autoimmune hepatitis

I am in my 20s and is very worried about me maybe having autoimmune hepatitis. I had a ANA test come positive and my vitamin d was low. I have weird symptoms too such as easy bruising, fatigue for a few years, my hair seems to fall out a lot more than usual, my knees turn red and get hot, when I sweat I get itchy, I constantly yawn a lot to fulfill a breath, and sometimes my blood pressure gets low. My stomach also rumbles a lot. I'm scared it might be my liver. I don't know if they checked my liver function but the doctor said she was going to give me liver function tests cause at the time I was worried I had hepatitis b. I'm not sure if she ever took them but she said everything came out fine. Can somebody help me and tell me about autoimmune hepatitis.
1 Responses
1530171 tn?1448129593
Bronxlover, what are you doing about the low vitamin D
and what was your ANA titre?
The smaller titres are meaningless as most doctors consider them negative up to 1:160
There are different types of A/I hepatitis antibodies, detected by blood tests, however, the final diagnosis is based on the results of a liver biopsy.
As a patient you have the right to know what tests you had and also have a copy of the report..
In the end was hep. B totally ruled out or not?
Best wishes,
Niko
1 Comments
Hepatitis b was fully ruled out I don't have any hepatitis viruses. I don't know exactly what autoimmune diseases they checked me for but I do know lupus was one of them and was negative. I am real anxious about this and scared I have a liver problem
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Autoimmune Disorders Community

Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.