Autoimmune Disorders Community

Raynauds and fibromyalgia

Does anyone have Raynauds (either as a primary or a secondary symptom)?  Are there any treatments for it?  I have it in addition to my fibromyalgia.  I am finding Lyrica helps a little bit with the tingling down in my hands, but with winter, the cold weather is really bothersome.  Right now, it seems the only "treatment" I'm doign is putting my freezing cold feet and fingers on my husband to warm them up.  He is not so appreciative.  *grin*

Some people use blood pressure or angina pectoris meds including calcium channel blockers. Of course, there are some side effects in some people. When it bothers me, I wear extra socks, gloves (even inside).

I do have very cold finger tips and feet. I have not been diagnosed with Reynauds. But my sister has it as a secondary symptom of Lupus. She suggested that if my fingers and toes are cold and white. I should try what she uses. Prescription meds did not help . She did find one OTC that someone mentioned to her and she mentioned it to me I believe I got mine at Wal-Mart or the health food store it's called Astragales seems to be some kind of herb and say suppliment on it.I bought it but haven't tried it because I haven'tt had a chance to google it and see if it will go with my BP medications. She says it's harmless but has really helped her Renauds symptoms. Say her finger and toes are no longer cold and don't change colors. Good Luck and let me know if it works for you.  cat33