Autoimmune Disorders Community

Red Nose!

Hello!

My nose is ALWAYS red. Some days worse than others but it's always red. There are also very thin, subtle red veins on the bridge of my nose (I have a "hawk" nose), again, some days worse than others.

I also have a lot of allergy problems. Went through a period of time when I had three sinus infections, one after another. I was diagnosed with allergy induced asthma as well although I don't take the montelukast I was prescribed.

Is it possible that my nose shape has anything to do with this? Or is the redness a skin problem and the allergies environmental?

Honestly, the redness bothers me more than the annoying breathing problems.

I also have autoimmune thyroiditis. Unsure if that can cause redness or not, I have heard it can.
Hi hayayah.

Look in to a face mite called demodex folliculorum, present in many people who suffer from inflammation of the nose causing a red nose.
It is of parasitic nature and your doctor should be able to help rule this in or out.

Other things to rule out is inadequate thyroid regulation, even if your labs indicate otherwise. Standard serum testing for thyroid regulation, does not necessarily reveal thyroid function. If you need more details let me know.

Have you tried going gluten free?   If not read on.
FYI. look into Gliadin test (urine), by Cyrex labs. They test 12 forms-not just the alpha ordered by most doctors- of gliadins regarding gluten intolerance (not necessarily digestive).
Now they can also test which part of the body is affected.
Most hypothyroid sufferers have gluten intolerance and don't even know it!
The gluten molecules-mainly from gmo grains- resemble the TPO(Thyroid Peroxidase - an enzyme necessary for the signalling Thyroid hormone production, as you may already know) molecules and thus the immune system in its response against gluten, attacks the TPO in the Thyroid also!

Hope this helps.

Niko

It sounds like rosacea to me.  Dr. Oz has some suggestions.  I will send you the link  - I just saw one of his shows that covered it.