Autoimmune Disorders Community

Rheumatologist misdiagnosis, unknown

About 2 years ago when I was 17 I went to a rheumatologist because I was having bad joint pains for no reason, they suggested things like Lupus but I never went back because the pain randomly stopped for a really long time so I thought it was nothing, and now the pain is back but worse. In November my middle finger swelled up and I couldn't bend it, it hurt really bad and it looked like it was going to the side. It was like this for weeks when I didn't even do anything for it to be injured so my mom took me to a hand doctor and I got an MRI and it showed it was a torn ligament so she made me wear a splint for a couple weeks and it was fine although the finger still looked like it was going to the side. I was fine for awhile until in February I was sick for 3 weeks with an infection, my doctor said I had bronchitis and I took meds for that and just as I started to get better, I get my period of course and 2 days into my menstrual cycle I start having wrist and arm pains that hurt so bad I couldn't move them at all, I couldn't do simple things like brush my hair or anything. I went back to my next appointment she ordered some blood work and my Rheumatoid factor was high, I also have very low vitamin D and have to take 8000 mg a day. The hand doctor told me to go to a Rheumatologist because she can't do much if my joints are affected by something in my blood. So I did, I've had numerous of appointments with the rheumatologist and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. She keeps telling me it's Fibromyalgia and said I have Sjögren's syndrome. She also said my wrist and arms hurt because I might have tendinitis which I don't think it's that at all, and the hand doctor said I don't have tendinitis and doesn't think it's Fibromyalgia because now my other middle finger on the other hand is doing the same thing. She said arthritis but the rheumatologist said it's not that and doesn't want to diagnose me with anything because I'm only 19 so I'm young and she doesn't see any inflammation in the x-Rays but the thing is I got them done when my fingers weren't like this in the beginning when it was a torn ligament but now it's both of them! I feel like she thinks I'm not serious about whats going on with my body, she also said I don't have Lupus because my organs are fine but I have a lot of the symptoms. I really thought it was Lupus for sure but she doesn't think so. I really don't know what to do anymore, these last couple of months have really gotten to me and I'm so depressed all the time. My body feels drained and I'm exhausted 24/7. I can't do anything and it's stressing me out so bad, I'm honestly at the point of not wanting to live anymore because I can't do anything. I just want to know what's wrong with me so the pain goes away and I can go on with my life. All I do is cry because I feel like I'm getting worse, no one understands, they think I'm crazy or something. Someone please help?! Has anyone ever gone through this? What would you do? Should I get a different opinion from a Rheumatologist?
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry about all your suffering.

I'm just about to leave in a few minutes so I'll be brief and to the point.
Look into low thyroid function. Ask for Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3.
Forgo the standard tests which only reveal serum thyroid levels and not  
thyroid function.
Look into vitamin D resistance. If you have this, your levels must be much higher than "normal".
Consider sublingual emulsified D3 drops 5000-1000 IU daily.
Taken with Vitamin K2 helps drive the metabolized calcium to the bones, joints and teeth, instead of soft tissues.
It is very important to ensure your vitamin D levels are adequate as it affects thyroid function, B12 production, and many other things, including digestion, G/I function and absorption.
There are vitamin D receptors in every organ and every part of your body.
It is also involved in the expression of hundreds of genes.
Without proper D levels and normal thyroid function, not only you not be healthy, your ability to repair and to heal is compromised severely.

Please let me know if you need any further details.
I'll be back in a couple of days.

Best wishes.
Niko