Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.11k Members

Shakiness with CREST systemic sclerosis?

Hi there ~

Does anyone ever experience a "shakiness" with their systemic sclerosis? Not an outward tremor that people can see, it is almost an internal tremor or shakiness that I feel.

The best way to describe it is that it feels like when you work out really hard and then you feel shaky for a while afterwords, only this feeling will last a week or so with me.

I know that with Scleroderma patients we have a decrease/defecit of ATP in our muscles, so our recovery time is much longer than those without Sclero.

My thought is perhaps on the weeks that I unknowingly over do it and use up my ATP my muscles are essentially shot and the shakiness I feel is actually just a tremendous muscle weakness and it is taking a weak to get my reserve back.

That is just my non-medical theory, but my problem is - How do you know how much is too much if you have always done it?

I am newly diagnosed as ACA positive (centromere antibodies = Limited Scleroderma) with positive ANA in October. I am still getting used to figuring out what IS the Sclero and what is just a bad day, but this seems to happen at least once a month.

And the fatigue is ridiculous.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.... I dont understand this take it easy, dont over do it, stuff when you HAVE to live your life?

Thank you al!!

Looking forward to hearing some feedback :  )

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.