Strange undiagnosed case

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I had a temp ileostomy for 9 months and had a ileorectal anastamosis last September. This was working fine until a few months ago when I started getting severe constipation again and abdominal pain. This is now getting worse to the point where I shuggle to eat again and have intense sharp pains.

My large intestine, small bit of my small intestine and appendix (which was removed) shows nerve damage caused by a potential autoimmune disease which is yet to be diagnosed. I have high white blood cells and blood in my urine. Also have over sweating, grey ice cold hands and feet. I had a proctogram 11th May and am waiting for follow up appointment. It's taking longer as being refered to someone else. This will be my 3rd consultant.

I no longer take imodium as it makes me even more constipated. The last few days I've had watery stool, distended stomach and sharp intense pains again. I've no idea what's going on with my insides.

I just wondered if there was anybody else that had been described as a strange case and was still undiagnosed? I'm going crazy with worry and can't help googling things. My gp won't help with symptoms as already been refered to a hospital. It all gets me down and I'm so tired of living with this with no real answers.

Causes of increased WBC include infection (parasites, abscess, etc), adrenal dysfunction, asthma, systemic lupus, leukemias.

You are reading content posted in the Autoimmune Disorders Community