Aa
A
A
A
Close
Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.07k Members

Symptoms

Im 32 years old, Male. I have been diagnosed with both acid reflux, and inflamatory colitis, anxiety, and depression, as well as ADHD. Lately I have been experiencing (roughly once a month for 1-2 days) Nausea with flu like symptoms. I have trouble with my extremities (Hands and feet) being cold on a regular basis and they have been refered to as a "dead Mans hands" on more than one occasion. I always feel exhuasted, no matter how much rest I get. My ankles, wrists, back, shoulders, and hands were constantly in pain. It would wake me up after roughly 4-6 hours of rest. I started taking Vitamin D which has helped the pain and my insomnia to a degree, but occasionally I do have issues with it and now they just tingle from time to time. Also Lately the nausea has been becoming more frequent. Ive looked online to see what may be the cause but I havent found anything that matches all my symptoms. Also I have issues with most pain medications as they cause me to become more nauseous. Im just tired of feeling tired and sick so often and if there is any information/ideas anyone has I would greatly appreciate it. I do take vitamins on a daily basis as well, and I am very careful as to what I eat. (no fried foods, drink plenty of water)
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
If pain medications are increasing your nausea, then you have severe acidity and reflux. Take a late night snack. Raise head end of bed. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks, caffeine, and spicy food. Cold peripheries or cold hands and feet can happen due to peripheral vascular disease or disorder of the circulatory system outside of the brain and heart. Other causes of cold extremities are hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.