Aa
A
A
Close

Telangiectasia

My question is about telangiectasia.  Does anyone have these, and if so, where?  I have what the doctor originally called  petechiae, but I believe it is telangiectasia since it will blanche while petechiae do not.  Also, while most are pin-***** in size, a couple are more spider vein looking.  It started on my upper arms as tiny spots years ago.  Gradually I started noticing them on my torso, chest, upper thigh and now lower arms.  I do have one on my face now, a teeny one of my lip and one on my hand.  Everything I read says that in CREST, these are found on the face,kips, hands and chest.  For me, these areas have been almost spared compared to the rest of my body and I had the other years before these.   I have not been diagnosed yet and am wondering if these could be helpful in a CREST diagnosis or if they do not fit the pattern because they are not mostly on my face & hands.  Does anyone with any other autoimmune disease have telangiectasia?  What do they look like?  Where are they on your body?
(Quick background: +ana 1:320 speckled, +anti-histones, +anticardiolipin IgA, mild raynaud's.  All other labs (esr, complement, anti-dna, scl-70, etc.) normal.  Some slight finger swelling in the a.m. on occasion.  Occasional severe malaise and achiness, muscle twitches, joint paint that will come for a few weeks and then disappear.  One rheumy said nothing was wrong with me.  2nd rheumy says raynaud's and apls.  I pointed out these spots to my doctor when I last saw her but she said not to worry about them since, although they had "spread" they were not a new symptom.)
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia