Autoimmune Disorders Community

Very sore multiple yet random joints

I am a 27yo female who has been experiencing joint pain for over a month now.
I first visited my GP only a few days after symptoms started, which began in my legs. My feet were 'aching' and my thighs felt 'heavy and tired'. My GP did a quick examination and decided that my pain was coming from my hips and due to my history of being born with 'click hips' ordered an x-Ray. Days later my hip scans revealed NOTHING but I had developed pain in my wrists. Dr then suggested it may be some sort of Arthritis and sent me to a Rheumatologist with possible 'osteoarthritis'.
At my appointment with my Rheumatologist i explained my family history of my brother having Lupus (SLE) and my Nan having Rittus (spelling, another form of lupus, I think). So I was ordered to get bloods done (8 vials, eek).
My test results came back clear of Lupus, although my scored for the Lupus test were are on the higher end of the normal range. My rheumatoid factor was 'slightly high' (dr said nothing too alarming).. I now have to wait to see my rheumatologist to start again but still have to wait a whole month for my appointment!!!
So here's my list of symptoms now 1month 6days into this nightmare:
•waking stiff and sore in the mornings
•also, say from 5pm my body seems to 'shut down' and become stiff and sore
•sleeping doesn't help! I often wake in pain, depending on what pain relief I take before bed.
•I am breast feeding my 4mth old son and can strictly only take no more than 4 nurafen or voltaran a day and allowed to take panadol an hour after taking the others..
•resting HURTS I have to keep moving during the day to keep the pain at bay.
•I don't have obvious swelling other than my fingers and possibly feet.
•affected joints are: feet (near toes), knees, hips, fingers, wrists, shoulder and neck.
•during the course of me being 'sick' I can describe it as if the pain travelled up my body as in first it was noticeable in my feet, hips, then wrist and fingers, then knees then shoulder and neck. I haven't had problems with my ankles or elbows YET! And upper back is sore (from what I'm thinking more to do with breast feeding rather than 'arthritis' and my lower back is fantastic!
•everyday when I wake the pain is somewhere different. Like one day I will wake and my knees feel stiff and sore and I am limping around all day and the next day my knees are fine and my wrists hurt, the next day I can hold my baby again but my feet are sore?! It doesn't make sense why each day is a different pain.
•it now hurts my feet to walk on hard floors, shoes help.
•tonight my wrist played up and felt like it was on fire.
•I can't turn my neck 100% anymore.

I went to my Dr on Christmas Eve wondering if this all could be cause by stress and anxiety..? He said they can't say until they rule everything out! I went Christmas shopping and as soon as I hopped out of my car my heart beater faster, my husband said I looked panicked. I felt worse after the trip hence why I stopped in at my Drs. The other day I was cleaning the kitchen and my boys 3y & 6y were wrestling and one got hurt I yelled at them which instantly cause my shoulder/back hurt.

I'm being very impatient waiting for to next appointment to see my Rhumy, it's driving me crazing because a lot of my symptoms point to Rheumatoid Arthritis and that is something I am scared of getting, I am a young mum and can't imagine never being able to get on the floor and play cars with my boys or go for walks to the park again. Some days I can hardly hold my 4mth old without cringing or screaming in pain. Does this sound like RA, my father in law said it sounds bizarre how it is somewhere different everyday,. Could this be anxiety or something else? Please help!
You need to rule out hypothyroidism which to my opinion is a possible underlying causitve co-factor in lupus, fibomyalgia and other conditions.

One issue to be aware of is the flawed testing in hypothyroidism.
Standard tests TSH, T3 & T4 only indicate serum levels and NOT thyroid function. Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3 are recommended.

You may do your own Dr. Barnes Basal Temperature Test for hypothyroid. (there are several online versions now)

I have devoted countless of hours, scanning through the studies and groundbreaking work of Dr. Barnes, The Father of Hypothyroidism, lol!
  Simply brilliant and way ahead of his time!

Instructions For Taking Basal Body Temperature:
Use an ordinary oral or rectal glass (not digital) thermometer.
Shake down the thermometer the night before, and place it on your nightstand.
The first thing in the morning BEFORE you get out of bed, place the thermometer under your arm for ten(10) minutes.
Record the temperature reading and date right away!
Repeat for 10 days. (In the absence of underlying infectious conditions)  
Normal Range: 97.6 to 98.2
Averages below this range indicate hypothyroidism.

Repeat for 10 days.
Normal Range: 97.6 to 98.2
Averages below indicate hypothyroidism.

When I studied Dr Barnes work, one particular finding stayed with me.
From ALL the thousands of patients he treated for hypothyroid
(using natural desiccated thyroid ) NONE of these patients developed Lupus!
The ones who had been already diagnosed with Lupus, none developed any new signs of organ involvement, while being treated by Dr. Barnes for hypothyroid.

There's also possibily of pathogenic mycoplasma infection and/or one of its coinfections, which are notorioulsy hard to detect.
Do a search here under Dr. Garth Nicolson, part-time MedHelp contributor and the world's expert in this field.
Did you get a complete Borellia and coinfections Panel through IGeneX Labs?
If not, I'm afraid  Lyme's Disease is not ruled out 100%. Plus you would need an LLMD, as most doctors won't be very helpful in this investigation.

Repeat for 10 days.
Normal Range: 97.6 to 98.2
Averages below indicate hypothyroidism.

Also---> Dr. Lowe from the Fibromyalgia Research Foundation supports the premise that most fibromyalgia patients are either hypothyroid or thyroid hormone resistant.

---Grains/carbs/gluten intolerance---
Look into Gliadin test (urine), by Cyrex labs. They test 12 forms-not just the alpha ordered by most doctors- of gliadins regarding gluten intolerance (not necessarily digestive).
Now they can also test which part of the body is affected!
Most hypothyroid sufferers have gluten intolerance and don't even know it!
The gluten molecules-mainly from gmo grains- resemble the TPO(Thyroid Peroxidase - an enzyme necessary for the signalling Thyroid hormone production) molecules and thus the immune system in its response against gluten, attacks the TPO in the Thyroid also!
You may consider a gluten-free &casein-free diet (GFCF) for a few weeks
to see if you experience improvement.

Please note that my comments are not intended to replace medical advice.

Wishing you well.
Niko