Autoimmune Disorders Community

What does "Non-diagnostic" mean

I recently had a lip biopsy done to test for Sjogren's.  After waiting and waiting I finally called and was told the test was "non-diagnostic".  Does that mean the results are negative, or that the test was inconclusive, or what???  I hate medical professionals when they get all uppity!  I asked the woman who gave me the results exactly what does non-diagnostic mean and she said it means non-diagnostic. Well, DUH!!!!

These are the same folks who made me pay 117.00 up front, before I even saw a doctor, and then wondered why my blood pressure was high. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!
I'm not sure, but I would think it was inconclusive.  They can't confirm a dx or rule it out.
That figures.  Nothing about this **** is easy, is it?
"Hi :)!!
Recently my mom had a medical examination, in her case for another autoimmune disease(arthritis), Her Physician asked my mom to go for different studies(like 6 or 7) in order to get an exact diagnosis. In many of this tests the result was ""non-diagnostic"", The physician said the reason is that the test do not have enough information neither to confirm nor to rule out anything (Just like Karajo said :) )... At the end she was diagnosed but after many tests.
I hope you are okay, and talk to your Doctor, its not fair that you are not getting enough information on what's going on in your tests."
I am so frustrated with the medical profession altogether!  It seems next to impossible to get a straight answer to anything.  Rheumy looked at me said I had Sjogren's and ordered a lip biopsy.  I asked if she already knew I had Sjogren's why did I have to have a lip biopsy and she said just to confirm. Now I have had to come out of my pocket with over a hundred dollars AND miss a day of work just to find out they don't know any more than they did prior to the biopsy.  And that was just one of 4 doctor visits in a week's time. Grrrr.
Also fed up with the medical profession. Grrr

"I'm sorry, we don't know what is wrong with you", is one sentence you will never hear from an orthodox medical professional.    
It probably means that they did not acquire enough cells to property run tests on the sample.