Autoimmune Disorders Community
4.07k Members
one side of my face is bigger than the left side. what doctor should i see?
1 Responses
1530171 tn?1448133193
Hey tommygirl834.
Welcome to the forum.

Is the right side of your face swollen?
Any other symptoms perhaps, like pain or tingling?

A tooth abscess or other dental issue may cause it. (Dentist)
If not, check for common food allergies. They can affect either side.
I used to react to eggplant in the past, and it always affected my right side.
Keep an eye out for peanuts and other nuts, shellfish, wheat,eggs,dairy,soy, as they are more common than other foods.

I can't think of anything else unless there's some kind of a tissue infection
on that side of the face. (Dermatologist or Infectious disease specialist)

My suggestion is to see your PCP first, if this persists.
Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.